Welcome to My Blog

Hi I'm Alice. As a working mom from home I am offering FREE advice and tips. With a B.A in psychology and a M.A. in communications, I have created this blog to help moms find the best job for mom, or a business to start from home . I am both an experienced internet marketer, and stock trader. Helping my friends with their careers has always been a hobby of mine. So Let's get you a suitable job for mom now, go ahead and ask me what ever you want. I am here to help.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Secret tips to you child's success in school

I was invited to the school where my little Jonathan will be starting first grade next year. The school had a educator/phsychologist speak to the parents while our children were in another room working on projects to "get to know one another".

Now this woman had some pretty amazing tips that she said after years of experience in her field she had written down on 4 pages alone, the secrets to have your children succeed in school, and  she said these tips will especially make a difference in your child's life when staring first grade.

Many of the parents and myself were very surprised we thought we would be told the same old speech, and we were suddenly very quiet trying to remember every word that this women was sharing with us, so we could go right home and start implementing these "secrets tips", that would make a huge impact on our children's first experiences and success in school.

So, I really want to share  these tips with you. I myself practice some of them, but perhaps not as much as  I should, and there are some I haven't done till now!

First of all she said get your child to tell you everything! What  they did in school, what their day was like, and who they played with. The big question from almost all parents present was how do you get your kid to talk about these things? There was a concensus among us that our children when asked how kindergarden or school was, they just say okay, yea it was fun.
So here is the secret this woman revealed to us. Spend the next 3 days telling your kids little details about your day. She went on saying how children find boring everyday simple things that grown ups do as "fascinating", and to simply talk about anything that is of coarse not X rated to your child.

She said that by doing this  you child will begin telling you in detail everything that goes on with them in school. She said that you  are not only  teaching your child to express themselves when you share your daily life activities, but they themselves will have respect for the simple actions that they do in life, and will start paying attention to the things that they do in  their lives. Later in life these children will understand better that their life choices and actions have consequences.

Not only will you be talking to your child and strengthen the parent child  bond, but your child will be keeping you abreast with everything that is going on in school. And when you know what's going on, that is everything! If and when there is something that does go wrong or something that causes your child to feel unhappy about, you will be able to fix it right away! That is one of the secrets to having a happy child that succeeds in school, said this amazing educator.

 I would like to share with you some other secrets that she told us from these 4 pages, in my next post I will reveal these great other tips she shared with us.



1 comment:

  1. GREAT POST ALICE.I would like to recommend a great site for all mothers out there! Check out
    http://www.jewelry-from-israel.com

    ReplyDelete