Welcome to My Blog

Hi I'm Alice. As a working mom from home I am offering FREE advice and tips. With a B.A in psychology and a M.A. in communications, I have created this blog to help moms find the best job for mom, or a business to start from home . I am both an experienced internet marketer, and stock trader. Helping my friends with their careers has always been a hobby of mine. So Let's get you a suitable job for mom now, go ahead and ask me what ever you want. I am here to help.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Research finds fathers want to equally share childcare

I want to share this with you:
A recent study found that most fathers (65 percent) believe, that moms and dads should equally share the responsibility of raising children."Balancing work and family is not just a woman's problem", said lead researcher Brad Harrington, Executive Director of the Boston College Center for work and family. "We see that fathers also need a family supportive work environment, when it comes to the Organization of work and family, and that has tangible benefits for their jobs and careers, and in turn to promote their companies."
A surprising 53 per cent of the fathers studied said that they are open to leave their jobs, if their spouses made enough to support the family. What is your experience when it comes to fathers burden of child care? Let me know.

I  do feel strongly about fathers sharing some of the responsibility of raising their children. Especially if a you find a job for mom from home, or start your own business you really do need the extra help. Don't get me wrong we as mothers are physically at home and so more of the responsibilities fall on us. But since we want to "have it all"-also have a job for mom and spend quality time with our family, in order to make it work we basically NEED HELP.

I personally have my husband do sometimes the little things that make all the difference. For instance give the baby a bath whenever he can, prepare dinner occassionally when I am exhausted or busy handeling something else. These little things sometimes make a big difference in my life anyways. So think about how your husband could make a big difference in your life by doing a few things once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment